DrivePool vs Greyhole

Chadd C

Question

I have been running DrivePool for many years now, been rock solid.  I have not found much online comparing DrivePool to Greyhole.  They seem to be pretty similar, but like I said, I can't find much out there.  Anyone have any experience or can point to a good review?  One thing I found on the Greyhole website struck me as odd and am wondering if DrivePool would have the same issue. 

"Greyhole is not...Happy with a lot of small files, or often-changing files
Using Greyhole to store a lot of small files (a few kB each) is not-a-good-idea™. If possible, compress into a single archive the small files you have that you don't access often.
Similarly, storing files that change often, especially large files, is asking for trouble."

So, what does everyone in the forum think?

1 answer to this question

Small files are fine with StableBit DrivePool.   

I think the reason behind the issue is the same with how Drive Extender for WHSv1 worked:  Eg, it's making a bunch of links with the files.  And it has to manually update these.  For a lot of small files or frequently changing files, that's a lot of work.