Disk Missing and then it's not.

nauip

Question

4 answers to this question

That would indeed be a nice addition!

In the meantime, if you can access "C:\ProgramData\StableBit DrivePool\Service\Logs\Service\" and open the corresponding day's log file, search for "missing pool part" and the line should include the missing pool part's identifier string; the corresponding hidden PoolPart.identifier folder will be on the drive that dropped out (if there are multiple entries with different identifiers, then multiple drives dropped out).

I eventually narrowed this down to (probably) a flakey power cable. It was usally specifically one drive affected, but sometimes it's neighbor. But I feel like if the app had told me which drive was affected I would have dove into the case with more specific information and figured this out days earlier. It was just tough to catch because very frequently by the time I could get either remoted into the server or physically back to the server the re-meaure would already be in progress.

Regardless, a new power cable is en route from the PSU manufacturer and I will know for sure soon. /grumble grumble - dumb power connectors.

But... Please guys - simply replace "A disk" with "[insert volume name here]" is missing from your drive pool. Making users dig through logs when you have the information right there is just plan mean.