Priority and exclusions help

mjr0483

Question

Hello,

I am new to all this but I am finding scanner not wanting to function the way I would like.

1. I would like to be able to exclude drives from scanning. I have a Raidbox connect via ESATA that I never intend to add to any pool, so I would like to be able to exclude it from scanning,.

2. Secondly, setting up scan order. There are drives that I would like to scan first but I don't see any way to say scan this drive first then this drive and so on. And it could help in my question 1, where if I couldn't exclude, then at least push the raid to the bottom of the pile since it will take really long.

1 answer to this question

To exclude a drive from automatic scanning, right-click the drive in Scanner and choose Disk Settings then tick "Never scan surface automatically"; you may also wish to tick "Never scan file system automatically" as well.

I am not aware of any way to re-order scanning, however if it helps you it is possible to use Disk Settings to set specific drives to scan on a slower or faster schedule than the defaults established by Settings -> Scanner Settings -> Scanner.