COVECUBECoveFsDisk___ suddently appears, uninitialized disks

Knocker

Question

Hey,

I've encountered an issue that I don't really get any hits on when trying to search, neither here or on Google.

After I've setup a new system, shortly after there was an error which I didn't notice, but today when checking out some small stuff, Windows alerted me that it had disks that needed initialization, which caught me off guard, everything works as intended (atleast to my knowledge).
I have 4x14TBs that is pooled, then an NVMe, an external SSD and another 8TB that is not pooled

The 14TB and 8TB are 3.5" and is in a DAS.

When checking, it's telling me it's my disk 7 and 8 which is my pooled drive (F:) and my un-pooled 8TB drive (D:).
In File Explorer, size reports correctly (7,27 TB on my 8TB drive, 50,9 on my pooled drive), but Disk Management reports that the unallocated drives is 2TB on both (Again, one being the un-pooled 8TB, the other the pooled drive)

In the application I now have two non-pooled drives showing, both called COVECUBECoveFsDisk___ besides my C and D drive. It had me worrying and by mistake I clicked on "Add" on the 8TB drive, which resulted in an error "The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007045D)"

I'm not sure what to do, to correct things and I'm quite worried to mess up the pooled drive and perhaps loosing data, as I'm waiting for a few more drives to arrive, to be able to duplicate without running out of space (Don't lecture me, real men don't backup, they cry)

Any good advice here? As stated, everything seems to work fine, but both Windows and Stablebit DrivePool is unhappy.

2 answers to this question

To add on top of it, something seems more messed up as I'm only getting 13MB/s when copying a 6GB file from one location in the pool to another in the same pool.
SMART shows no issues. This might be a hint that can be used, for anyone with more knowledge than me! :)

*Edit: A reboot 'fixed' the transfer speeds, not sure what happened, they go at about 150-180 right now, so strike this symptom*

Edited by Knocker

Hmm.

What happens if you shut down, disconnect all drives except your boot drive (C: presumably) then boot up? Do you still see the COVECUBECoveFsDisk___ "drives"?

Whether if so or if not, what happens if you then use Disk Management -> Action -> Rescan Disks?

If not, after the Rescan Disks, do they come back when you reconnect all the drives again?