Unable to move files to the pool

pettakos

Question

I am running into issues lately while I am trying to copy files to the pool or to a directory in the pool. It says that there is not enough space. This is absolutely not true. There is more than adequate space.

My total pool is 52 TB, free space 640gb aprox., balancers are set to 99% disk full. Yesterday I had the idea of stopping the drivepool service and restarting it, together with windows vds. It didn't work. Then, I rebooted and finally I was able to move files to the pool. Today, same thing happens again. Any idea?

1 answer to this question

Well, that still may be accurate depending on your configuration.

From what you've mentioned, you have about ~1.2% free on the pool. I'm guessing that each drive in your pool has less than 100GBs free, in this case.

The problem is that the individual disks may not have enough space on them to place the new files. 

Could you grab a picture of StableBit DrivePool UI and post it (if you don't want to post it here, head to https://stablebit.com/Contactand open a ticket there). 

There are a few things that may help here. But it's mainly using the Ordered File Placement balancer, or the SSD Optimizer balancer to help with this issue.

The simplest solution is to add another disk or two.