New install issues

kpate77

Question

New user here.

I installed Version 2.2.0.651 Beta a couple weeks ago (along with StableBit Scanner) on Windows 10 (64-Bit) on a brand new pc.  I created my first pool with 9 drives ranging from 4TB to 6TB.  2 internal drives, and 2 mediasonic enclosures with 3 and 4 drives each (one USB 3.0 and one eSATA connection)

3 issues:

1)  SB Scanner showed a damaged disk, so I clicked -Remove in Drive pool and checked force damaged drive removal.  The following error occurs: "Error Removing Drive - The system cannot find the path specified"  No other information is provided. 

2) Since I was unable to remove the disk, I tried to update the balancing settings so that new files are not placed on this drive while I figured out how to remove the disk. Under StableBit Scanner settings (in drivepool), I chose to move both duplicated and unduplicated files out of damaged and S.M.A.R.T. warning drives.  I also unchecked this drive on the File Placement tab.  However, existing files are not being moved and all new files written to the pool are still going to this damaged drive.  The drive has significantly less data than the other do (not sure why as the others seem to be fairly balanced), but new files are now being written here as it has the most free space.

3) I assume this is unrelated, but on 5 (of 9) drives, all data is listed as "Other" - If I assign a drive letter and look at this drives, the only folder on the drive is the pool drive.  This doesn't seem to be random as the 2 internal drives plus one of the enclosures all list the data as "Other" - all 6TB drives.  All drives on the other enclosure (all 4TB drives) seem to be reported properly with Duplicated/Unduplicated data.  I've attached a screen shot showing the drives in my pool.  (Note: Drives M.1.X are internal; N.1.x are in one enclosure; N.2.X are in the second enclosure).

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

post-2105-0-03607300-1445853879_thumb.png

1 answer to this question

Did you use the "Forced Damaged Drive Removal" option? If not, then this is normal.  This option skips damaged files, and removes the rest of the files on the drive. 

Additionally, you can use the "Drive Usage Limiter" balancer to clear out the drive.  Uncheck the "Duplicated" and "Unduplicated" options for the drive in question. This should force StableBit DrivePool evacuates the drive. 

Worst case, you can manually move the files out of the hidden "PoolPart" folder on the drive, onto one of the other folders. Just make sure you remeasure the pool after doing so. 

As for the pooled data, try remeasuring the pool, and see if that helps.