Stablebit Drivepool with Snapraid, evacuating a failing drive?

Matters

Question

I'm wondering if anyone who uses Drivepool with Snapraid can help with a question I have. I've searched all over and can't find an answer.

I have a Drivepool set up with some aging drives, mainly for Emby as well as personal photos etc. My essential files are duplicated as well as backed up on Backblaze but the media files are not.

I would like to set up a parity drive using Snapraid for the media files since it would be a PIA to figure out what is missing and then replace it in the event of a drive failure. Snapraid would just be for these media files which are static and don't get modified.

I understand automatic rebalancing should be turned off so files do not get moved around too much for Snapraid.

My question is I also have Stablebit Scanner and one of the options is automatic evacuation if it detects a drive failure.

Am I right to assume I should disable this since it would try to remove files off the dying drive to the remaining drives as it would screw up the parity?

Typing it out I think I know the answer but just want confirmation as I've never used a RAID config before.

2 answers to this question