Stablebit cloud free license and notifications

Bazzu85

Hi,

I have all apps connected to cloud with free license to sync settings online ( I know that this level doesn't integrate the notifications)

yesterday a disk started to damage and no email arrived so I figured out that migrating to cloud the previous app mail settings doesn't work anymore..

the question is.. I have to fully unlink the apps to make the mail notifications working again?

8 hours ago, Shane said:

Try re-adding your email address in the app and using the Test button?

Hi,

when the scanner is connected to cloud there's no possibility to set an email:

image.png.0758d08b16bb6ce32d1ebcb8e49de89f.png

And as mentioned above I use the free license.

Am I missing something? the only way to have notifications is to unlink scanner from cloud.

I'm... not sure? Having checked my own installs I still get the normal Notification settings but it seems like they might also be stuck in an expired trial of Cloud plus. But it wouldn't feel right that linking to the Cloud would reduce the individual functionality of the desktop app either. @Christopher (Drashna) is Bazzu85's issue "functioning as designed" or "not as planned"?

• 2 weeks later...

image.png.4dcf5de02072873f97534874f9551975.pngHi, @Christopher (Drashna), sorry to ping you but we need to know ho the notifications are working with a free cloud license.

At the momente I have drivepool and scanner linked to cloud but no notifications arrives. I cannot configure it if I'm linked to cloud.

can you explain a little how it's supposed to work?

edit: Additionally:

In scanner without cloud I have this:

image.png.4dcf5de02072873f97534874f9551975.png

In scanner with cloud I have this:

In Drivepool without cloud I have this (missing notifications options):

image.png.459243f4130206fb784fba473b75c3dc.png

In Drivepool with cloud I have this (missing notifications options):

image.png.c821f237257be4a1859ef109156dbbeb.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/4/2023 at 10:19 AM, Shane said:

I'm... not sure? Having checked my own installs I still get the normal Notification settings but it seems like they might also be stuck in an expired trial of Cloud plus. But it wouldn't feel right that linking to the Cloud would reduce the individual functionality of the desktop app either. @Christopher (Drashna) is Bazzu85's issue "functioning as designed" or "not as planned"?

upppp

Sorry to bother you but I need the stablebit software notifications and an official answer.

If I'm linked to cloud and I'm not paying the subscription is wanted that mail notifications are not been sent? @Christopher (Drashna) @Shane

I can't comment officially as I'm just a volunteer mod (see my sig below). Having another look, the Notifications menu entry in DrivePool being missing when it's not linked to the Cloud service seems like a bug?

New versions of DrivePool, Scanner and Cloud were just released yesterday so check if those make a difference, and if they don't then I'd suggest opening a support request with StableBit directly.