"Missing" files

McFaul

Question

I have a large pool....  sometimes, rarely, but more than once, i have copied a movie to it.. and then when i've gone to find it.. it wasnt there!

If I manually search the individual mounted disks.. The files are on the individual disks.. but it doenst show up on the pool.

See screenshots attachedpost-1989-0-41935500-1441920890_thumb.pngpost-1989-0-51678000-1441920900_thumb.png

If I copy the file back off the individual disk and then copy it onto the pool, it will then show up.

I've tried "re-measure" but that doesn't make it re-scan the disks to find any files which have gone AWOL.

1) any idea what/how this happens?

2) how can I get it to scan all of the disks and have all of the files in the pool part folders appears in my pool?

I'm now a bit concerned about how many files might be "missing" in this way!

(I'm using 2.2.0.628.BETA)

Thanks

Chris

5 answers to this question

First, remeasure is a separate thing here. It's used to generate a display for users, and for balancing information. 

File lists and access are always done "one the fly". 

However, if the files are showing up in the search, but not the file list, then they should definitely be there. (and you can always check manually, by accessing the PoolPart folders). 

As for why this may have happened... are you using antivirus, or disk tools on the system? 

And could you do this: http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q2159701

Also, could you enable file system logging, refresh the file list, disable logging, and then upload the logs?

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_2.x_Log_Collection

Hi,

They are showing up when i search the individual pool part folders on the individual disk mount points... they do not show up in the pool at all, either in file lists or in search.

There's no antivirus or disk tools or other filter drivers (we checked all that when i had my previous issues with metabrowser)

I can enable logging, but what do you mean by "refresh the file list" ?

Thanks

Nothing happens when i do that, even after a reboot, files which don't show up in the file list still don't show up.

I'll have to wait for it to happen again since I've already "fixed" this one by copying the files off the individual disk and then copying them back to the pool