Licensing (again)....

montejw360

Question

I have a license for 3 copies of drivepool. 3/3 are used, but i seemed to have forgotten to deactivate it once because I only have it running on 2 computers. I need to get it running on a third. I think i've done this before, had to start a support ticket to deactivate all copies, then reactivate it on the computers I have it running on. 

If I do that what happens to the 2 drivepools I already have built? I can't remember what happened when I did this before.

thanks,

monte

3 answers to this question

I'm pretty sure I need to have the licenses deactivated by starting a support ticket. I just want to know beforehand what will happen the the pools I already have. Is it just a matter of reactivating, creating a new pool and adding the "old" drives? will DP recognize the old pools?

thanks

Yes, please open a support ticket for any licensing issues, in case there is sensitive information.

If the "old" system is still up and running, you can deactivate the license on your end and activate it on the new system, if needed:

• StableBit DrivePool 1.X: Open the Dashboard (either remotely or locally), and click on the "Settings" button in the dashboard (top, right section). Open the "DrivePool" section in the Settings window, and click on the "manage license" link at the bottom of the page.
  • StableBit DrivePool 2.X: Open the UI on the system that DrivePool is installed on, click on the "Gear" icon in the top, right corner and select the "manage license" option.
  • StableBit Scanner: Open the UI on the system that Scanner is installed on. Click on "Settings" and select "Scanner Settings". Open the "Licensing" tab, and click on the "Manage license" link.
This will open a window that shows you the Activation ID, as well as a big button to "Deactivate" the license. Once you've done this, you can activate the license on a new system.

As for the pool, once it's installed and activated, and the pooled disks are connected, it will automatically rebuild the pool with the disks it can detect.  The duplicated data and the duplication status will be recovered (as it's all stored on the pooled drives locally), but settings such balancer settings and file placement rules will be set to their default values.