Jump to content
Covecube Inc.

Digmarx

Members
  • Content Count

    16
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. I've had the same performance hit since I started using Cloud Drive. Only thing I can think of is that it has something to do with the storage controller, because when I moved to an H300 (IT fw) I started getting about 10MB/s faster writes to the cache drive.
  2. I did, the first time the problem occurred. From my understanding there is no solution from Stablebit's end. My options as I see them are a) abandon my use of Cloud Drive (since I am limited to using it with Google Drive for all intents and purposes, and the combination of CD and GD is proving unreliable) or b) continue using it. The prospect of (once again) downloading and reuploading 10TB at 750GB/day is also prohibitive at this time. So I'm basically at a point where it's either b1) find a way to fix the file system, or b2) continue using it knowing that it's probably going to fall over at some point. If this were my only set of backups I'd be terrified.
  3. The volume is 16TB, encrypted, Google Drive (GSuite). The cache disk is a 240GB SSD, FWIW. So I've had some progres with chkdsk /offlinescanandfix. The only errors it found were free space marked as allocated in both the MFT and the volume bitmap, and then I guess it errored out with "An unspecified error occurred (6e74667363686b2e 1475)" A cursory search for the error code doesn't turn up anything of substance, but I'll look a bit harder after work.
  4. No. I created a new cloud drive. Then I created a new drivepool using only the new cloud drive (with a view to possibly adding it to a pool hierarchy later). The new drive did not show any errors in Scanner until after I had reuploaded around 10TB (so weeks after creating the new cloud drive). After the "file system damaged" notification I removed the cloud drive from the drivepool just to eliminate a variable. I'm not sure what specifically is damaged in the cloud drive file system; Scanner obviously thinks something is wrong, but chkdsk run from the Tools tab in drive properties returned no errors. This is obviously anecdotal, but I have not encountered any corrupted files yet.
  5. I can still access my data. Thinking that unless a solution is found I'm just going to say screw it and ignore the error. Thankfully I have other backups...
  6. So I had just managed to reupload the 10 or so TB of data to my google cloud drive, and once again I'm getting the file system damaged warning from stablebit. Files are accessible, but chkdsk errors out and the unmount, unpin, clear cache, remount process has no effect.
  7. Thanks for responding. I should have read more before posting. Has the cause been identified, and is there a way to avoid this happening in the future? I don't keep anything in my Google Drive CloudDrive that I can't lose, just backups and easily replaceable files, but it would be frustrating to have this happen again.
  8. Using the /f /r arguments is working now, but ETA is 200+ hours It'll probably be easier just to continue moving the files to a new drive...
  9. I've got a similar issue to a few others: my 16TB Google Drive CloudDrive is showing up in Scanner as "File System Damaged". I can still access files on the drive, so I'm moving everything over to an identical CloudDrive. Chkdsk reports the filesystem as RAW and fails out, same thing with Scanner (which I assume just calls chkdsk). Is there anything else I can do?
  10. This issue seems like it isn't going anywhere, but I have some anecdotal data if it helps at all. I have recently shifted my server from a SuperMicro whitebox to a Dell R720. By shifted I mean I swapped over the CPUs, storage drives and boot drive without reinstalling Server 2016, so it's essentially the same machine with a motherboard and HBA swap. I'm now getting ~40MB/sec copy to the CloudDrive cache rather than the ~30 I was getting on the previous machine. I don't think any strong conclusions can be drawn as to why I'm seeing slightly better transfer speeds, but I'd hazard a guess that it has to do with the storage controller and/or motherboard change. I was using an H200 in the old box, and I've got an H310 (PCIe) in the new box; both are running IT firmware.
  11. I'm still experiencing the issue, so it doesn't seem to have been resolved. But neither have I explored it any further.
  12. Done. First name Zoey
  13. No. Still get a maximum of around 30-35MB/sec copying to the cloud drive versus 160MB/sec copying to the cache disk itself. [edit] I should probably add that I'm getting similar performance transferring uncached files off the cloud drive as well. I have a 1000/500 fiber connection. The second time transferring the same file (ie when it's been cached) performance is much better, around 120MB/sec
  14. Ended up destroying and recreating the cloud drive as I moved to WS2016 and added a dedicated ssd for cache. Problem persists; copying to root of ssd tops out the mechanical drives, but copying to the cloud drive pool tops out at 30ish MB/sec. Uploaded logs to your dropbox, first name Zo.
  15. I've just got Malwarebytes free installed (on WS2012R2). Enabling bypass file system filters on the drivepool has not produced a noticeable effect. I'll look into file system logging later today.
×
×
  • Create New...