Jump to content
Covecube Inc.

Chase

Members
  • Content Count

    28
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Posts posted by Chase


  1. Update.

    My drives are all now working fine. While it would not let me change the "concurrentrequestcount" above 2, but it did take the override setting for 10. My biggest issue was that I was running everything from an HDD from downloading files to my computer, uploading them to clouddrive, the cache for cloud drive, etc. I had my server host add an SDD and I now run the clouddrives and caches from there. Absolutely no issues now. Full speed and no errors. I also discovered that my HDD is failing so my next quest will be to replace that and start installing everything all over again. Hopefully now that the "data" is in the right format it won't have any issues when I have to effectively remount the drives to a fresh install.


  2. 6 hours ago, Patrik_Mrkva said:

    Greetings to all! In connection with the transition to the new format, is there any possibility to display the percentage of the procedure? After a power failure, several disks have been showing me "Mounting ..." for a week now.............. (version 1.2.0.1310).

    I had something similar happen. I did something very risky but it did work. I deleted the main cache for the drive having that issue which effectively unmounted it. I was then able to remount it and thankfully everything reloaded correctly. Proceed at your own risk.


  3. 1 hour ago, davidkain said:

    Did you go with a hosted solution, or on prem? I'm curious what's out there for windows servers, and what their price ranges (and/or capability to host Plex) are.

    I went with a dedicated bare bones server and loaded windows 10 pro on it. It has 16gb ram, a 1TB HDD, and a 12 core AMD processor with plenty of transcode power. I've also got a 10gbps connection.

     

    $109/mo.


  4. On 7/4/2020 at 12:47 PM, srcrist said:

    Note that both applications are Windows only, and Windows Server can be expensive in a data center.

    This is what I did...after fooling with all the "seedboxes" and not knowing out how properly mess with linux codes. So it's a dedicated windows server for me.


  5. All of my drives are working and I have no errors...EXCEPT the last beta that changed the GoogleDrive_ConcurrentRequestCount to "2" appears to be causing issues. My drives tend to do a lot of reading and writing...it's for a plex server. And 2 concurrent causes CloudDrive to tell me I don't have enough bandwidth. I have tried to change the setting in the "settings.json" but it isn't accepting the change.

     

     


  6. Upgraded to the latest beta this morning. That drive I was having issues with and had deleted the cache was showing about 15% completed at the time of upgrade. The percent started over but it only took about 35 minutes to complete and mount my drive. (56TB with 20TB of data). Everything works on all drives except that annoying error when I try to change the I/O settings I talked about previously. Again...the changes take it just pops up with an error that the drive isn't mounted.
     

    I've got family in for the next several days. Be safe guys. I'm very happy with the latest beta fix. All of my drives are functional.

     


  7. 1 hour ago, ezek1el3000 said:

    nice find. what is that file called? and where can i find it?

    Right now 2/6 drives are queued to perform recovery and the rest is in "Drive cannot be mounted" mode :wacko:

    Edith: did you refer to the cache files stored at the designated CD cache drive? If so, there are over 100 files. How did you know which one to delete?

    To answer your question..I deleted the main Cache file which for me is stored on my C:/ Drive. It starts with Clouddrive and is followed by your drive UID.

     

    as SRCRIST said....it is very risky and my drive may be totally corrupt when it finishes. That was a risk I was okay with taking. You make your own decision.

     

    I did get a message back from Christopher on the Covecube team. They looked at my path of issues and whats happened plus troubleshooter data and his message was this...

    "We have found a bug in the migration code, that may be the problem here.We should have a fix out soon, that should be much faster (or even instantaneous) and handle failure better. "

     

  8. I may have fixed my drive that is stuck in "queued for recovery". But damn did it make me nervous and I'm far from out of the woods. In my understanding of the system the "cache" is just a local file of your pinned data and a COPY of the last #GB of data that was received or transferred between your machine and the cloud drives. It also seems that it holds the information for the CloudDrive program to say...yep this is a drive that we have mounted. So I shut down the windows service for CloudDrive and deleted the cache file for my problem drive. After restarting my computer when CloudDrive opened up it only showed the two working drives as mounted and the problem drive was available to mount. Sweet! Mount that sucker.

    Seems to be working. It now says that the drive is upgrading and I get a percentage actually shown. Albeit it is way slower compared to last time I went through this stage. Probably because this latest Beta has less I/O interactions. It did NOT give me the option to reauth so I assume this drive is still using the StableBit API.

    At this rate it should complete by Monday-ish? 


  9. 1 hour ago, ezek1el3000 said:

    Did you use your own API keys or the default ones?

    Uh. Yes.

    When this process first started I was on the default API. At that time I had two drives going through the update. In the middle of that process I added my own API but since you aren't able to reauthorize during the update it didn't actually switch to my API. When my first drive finished I was able to reauth. My second drive that is still having issues has never been able to reauth so my understanding is that it is still on the default API. The third drive that I mounted and said it was updating without showing a % was after I added my own API and therefore authorized on my API.


  10. Unintentional Guinea Pig Diaries.

    Day 8 - Entry 1

    I spent the rest of yesterday licking my wounds and contemplating a future without my data. I could probably write a horror movie script on those thoughts but it would be too dark for the people in this world. I must learn from my transgressions. In an act of self punishment and an effort to see the world from a different angle I slept in the dogs bed last night. He never sleeps there anyways but he would never have done the things I did. For that I have decided he holds more wisdom than his human. This must have pleased the Data God's because this morning I awoke with back pain and two of my drives mounted and functioning. The original drive which had completed the upgrade, had been working, and then went into "drive initializing"...is now working again. The drive that I had tried to mount and said it was upgrading with no % given has mounted (FYI 15TB Drive with 500GB on it). However my largest drive is still sitting at "Drive queued to perform recovery".

    Maybe one more night in the dogs bed will complete the offering required to the Data God's

    End Diary entry.

     

    (P.S. Just in case you wondered...that spoiled dog has "The Big One" Lovesac as a dog bed.. In a pretty ironic fashion their website is down. #Offering) ps-8dm-ms006-l.jpg


  11. Unintentional Guinea Pig Diaries.

    Day 7 - Entry 1

    OUR SUPREME LEADER HAS SPOKEN! I received a response to my support ticket though it did not provide the wisdom I seek. You may call it an "Aladeen" response. My second drive is still stuck in "Drive Queued to perform recovery". I'm told this is a local process and does not involve the cloud yet I don't know how to push it to do anything. The "Error saving data. Cloud drive not found" at this time appears to be a UI glitch and it not correct as any changes that I make do take regardless of the error window. 

    This morning I discovered that playing with fire hurts. Our supreme leader has provided a new Beta (1.2.0.1306). Since I have the issues listed above I decided to go ahead and upgrade. The Supreme leaders change log says that it lowers the concurrent I/O requests in an effort to stop google from closing the connections. Upon restart of my computer the drive that was previously actually working now is stuck in "Drive Initializing - Stablebit CloudDrive is getting ready to mount your drive". My second drive is at the same "Queued" status as before. Also to note is that I had a third drive created from a different machine that I tried to mount yesterday and it refused to mount. Now it says "drive is upgrading" but there is no progress percentage shown. Seems that is progress but the drive that was working is now not working. 

    Seeking burn treatment. I hope help comes soon. While my data is replaceable it will take a LONG TIME to do. Until then my Plex server is unusable and I have many angry entitled friends and family. 

    End Diary entry.


  12. 4 hours ago, oceanmasterza said:

    i was considering purchasing this software however with this level of support I will stay away. Sort out your support guys!

    The software works great if you use the latest stable or beta 1.2.0.1301. I would suggest that you set it up and keep your drives relatively small for right now (<6tb data). Eventually you will have to upgrade and have the new file structure that the current beta is doing. 

    These kinks will be worked out. I imagine that Stablebit is limited on engineers and they were blindsided with googles new rules. That is a lot of pressure on them to adapt while keeping a lot of data safe. 


  13. Unintentional Guinea Pig Diaries.

    Day 5 - Entry 2

    *The Sound of Crickets*

    So I'm in the same spot as I last posted. My second drive is still at "Queued to perform Recovery". If I knew how to force a reauth right now I would so I could get it on my API. Or at the very least get it out of "queued"

    Perhaps our leaders will come back to see us soon. Maybe this is a test of our ability to suffer more during COVID. We will soon find out.

    End Diary entry.


  14. On 6/28/2020 at 1:03 PM, JulesTop said:

    Oh dear...

     

    Did you submit a ticket to support? This will make sure @Alex can take a look and roll out a fix if it's on the software end. I don't think he's on the forums too often.

    I submitted a ticket. Let me preface all of this with I am tech savvy but by no means a programmer.

    Prefetch is working intermittently right now. The big problem is that it keeps telling me i'm throttled (double yellow arrows on download and upload sides) but it is not acting as if it is throttled consistently. For example,  I have my prefetch set to grab 1Gb and it did so just now at 250 mbit/s without issue. 

    I still have the error "Error saving data. Cloud drive not found" when trying to change performance I/O setting or when I press the pause button on upload. However it does take the new settings anyways and clearly the drive is found, mounted, and active.

    I added my own API and reauthorized on it for my one drive that has completed the update. Still have the issues listed above but I know that it has switched to my API.

    My second drive that was still in the middle of updating is now saying "Drive queued to perform recovery". It looks like my server shutdown unexpectedly at some point this morning so the recovery part is expected but I've never seen it say "queued" for recovery. I'm pissed that my server crashed. Its all brand new dedicated hardware and hosted in a data center...ugh

    Any ideas on how to push it out of "queued" to recover and actually start recovery? 

     

    Thanks in advance.


  15. 2 hours ago, johnw said:

    From what I can tell from the docs on CloudDrive, data on cloud services is always unreadable by others, unless they have the CloudDrive software. From the online doc: "For any cloud drives where you choose not to encrypt the drive, StableBit CloudDrive will obfuscate the drive's data using AES 128-bit CBC." If there is no way around this, then it is a problem for me. I would like to mount cloud drives which can be read by other people using other cloud drive software, on the web, or other cloud explorer software. In my case it would not be practical to buy licenses for everyone who might need access to the data. Is it possible to configure CloudDrive so that the data on the cloud provider is standard, readable data?

    AFAIK you cannot have multiple people access the data from different devices if you are using cloud drive due to the reasons you state above. You can also only mount the drive to one computer.

     

    You may want to look into the "Google Drive Desktop App". 


  16. 13 hours ago, srcrist said:

    Has anyone with a large drive completed this process at this point? If you don't mind, can you folks drop a few notes on your experience? Setting aside the fact that the data is inaccessible and other quality of life issues like that, how long did the process take? How large was your drive? Did you have to use personal API keys in order to avoid rate limit errors? Anything else you'd share before someone began to migrate data?

    Trying to get a feel for the downtime and prep work I'm looking at to begin the process.

    I'll tell you my path on this...yours may differ

    I upgraded to the dreaded beta on Wednesday at about 5pm. I have two drives both 56TB in capacity. Drive "A" has 10TB of data and Drive "B" has 20TB in data.  On Thursday I restarted my computer at around the 24 hour mark and the progress percentage started over. I can pretty confidently say that the whole process started over. About two hours later one of my drives stopped even showing the percentage complete and just had an error. This is when I went into the Json and added my own API key information...again restarting my computer and restarting the process. I don't know if adding my API to that file actually did anything because the logs still show i was being limited but the percentage started and was going up again so that was a sign of progress.

    Drive A with the 10TB of actual data took approximately 48 hours to complete from the last time I restarted my computer. Now that it is complete it appears that my data was unharmed and I can access it. 

    On drive B with the 20TB of data is (as i write this is at the 60 hr mark) only at 55.33% .

    I'm refusing to be the first of us to restart my computer after it is "complete"....hell no


  17. 7 hours ago, JulesTop said:

    I was wondering if this would happen as more and more people begin the upgrade process...

    The issue is, I don't think you can re-authorize the drive once the upgrade process begins... at least I don't see a way to do this. Otherwise, I would switch back to my own key.

    I was on the stablebit API key and it locked me out for the limits. So I created my own API key, saved it in the provider settings json, and reset my machine. The race is back on now.

     

    it started the percent over again the same as it did when i restarted my PC earlier. And it's not climbing any faster as if the new percent level is "of what was left"...its more like it completely started over the full process.


  18. 18 minutes ago, srcrist said:

    The discussion at this link will explain what it is doing (and why). Google has implemented new API limits in their service and the drive will become unusable without the changes, eventually. I do agree that BETA releases should be marked as such in the upgrade notification, and am waiting myself to actually upgrade to the new format. But this is what it going on, and why.

    Thanks!

     

    I found the attached post after I put this one in. It is causing some of us some headache. I'm sure it is necessary but I would have planned accordingly with my data.


  19. 23 minutes ago, steffenmand said:

    Yea in there!

    Try going up to the log levels and set ApiGoogleDrive to verbose - do you get Userlimitexceeded? 

    Now one of my drives says it cannot be mounted. The other one is still upgrading.

     

    set to verbose...

    3:05:09.2: Information: 0 : [ApiGoogleDrive:50] Google Drive returned error (userRateLimitExceeded): User Rate Limit Exceeded. Rate of requests for user exceed configured project quota. You may consider re-evaluating expected per-user traffic to the API and adjust project quota limits accordingly. You may monitor aggregate quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/drive.googleapis.com/quotas?project=############

     

     

    Anyway to increase the per-user traffic on the API?


  20. 5 minutes ago, steffenmand said:

    What does the log write ? Maybe you ære hit with Userlimitexceeded like me. Then it will never finish untill limits are fine again 

    I know you are responding to "josefilion" however i'm learning here so i'm going to step in too.

    is the log you are referring to the "service log" under Technical Details?

    If so, Mine has all lines that say "[ApiHttp:18] Server is temporarily unavailable due to either high load or maintenance. HTTP protocol exception (Code=ServiceUnavailable)." My percentage is going up though very slowly.


  21. who is hosting the data?

     

    I just went through this with two 56TB google drives. One has 10GB and one has 20GB. Granted I have a 10Gbps connection and a threadripper CPU but it took me about 2 hours for both.

     

    You may try installing a beta clouddrive...just not the latest. I suggest this one if on windows.

     

    http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/StableBit.CloudDrive_1.2.0.1301_x64_BETA.exe

     

    Note: I am not an expert at this so proceed at your own risk.

×
×
  • Create New...