exe not opening in win2008r2

Shurr

Question

I am having a bit of a curious problem. I was hoping someone here might have some insight. After spending  quite a bit of time researching which hdd program I wanted, I settled on StableBit. Yesterday my xmas present to myself came in...some shiny new hdds! this meant it was time to puchase drivepool and scanner! After purchasing, I tried to install...and someonthing weird is happening. I mostly convinced it has to be a windows setting, but I am not sure at this point.

When i double click the exe, I get the are you sure you want to open this file dialouge, I hit yes, and then a process for drivepool/scanner starts...but never the installer window popping up. I tried it on my personal computer(win7) and the window to insall pops up just fine. I have tried making sure every security setting I can think of on the server is allowing it to open, but every time, just a process starting and no install window.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why it is 'half' starting? (same thing happens for bot drivepool and scanner)

3 answers to this question

Shur,

Could you grab the install logs from "%temp%", open a ticket at https://stablebit.com/Contact and submit the logs there? 

(Or attach them here).

Do you have any antivirus installed on the system?

If so, which?

Also, is it created the "C:\Program Files\StableBit\DrivePool\" folder at all?

Worst case, could you try downloading the MSI installer and see if that works?

http://dl.covecube.com/DrivePoolWindows/release/download/Managed_Deployment/StableBit.DrivePool_2.1.1.561_x64_Release.msi

Hello, thanks for the reply and help!

It was an error on my end. when i added in my new drives--i took a few old ones out(that i though were unused) one had the TEMP and TMP folders on it...windows does not like not having those. all is working now +D