newbie question about licensing

Lino

Question

Hi,

I just stubled on drivepool and looks like what I'm looking for. I'm not clear about licensing and product activation.

Two question, please:

- I have more PC on which I'd like to install drivepool, but apparently the licensing granularity is 1 or 12: no way of buying 2 or 3  other than buying a single licence 2 or three times?
- I have the habit of reinstalling the OS from scratch each 1 or 2 years: if I buy a license, may I reinstall it on the same PC with the reinstalled OS?

Thank you

1 answer to this question

Lino,

First, thank you for your interest in our product!

As for purchasing licenses, you absolutely can buy 2-3 at once. 

If you find the single license for StableBit DrivePool (the second item on this page: https://stablebit.com/Buy/Drivepool), notice the "x1 change" section in the top, left corner of the panel? Click on the "Change" link, and you can set this to any number between 1 and 10. 

Additionally, once you've purchased the license, you can purchase additional licenses by using the Order Completion page. It will have a links that say "Click here to purchase additional licenses at a discount". 

As for reinstalling the OS, that's not a problem at all.

In fact, we recommend that you disable the license prior to reinstalling. Then you can activate it on the new installation without any issues. Otherwise, just let us know, and we'll deactivate the license on our end. (https://stablebit.com/Contact)

And in case this is important, you don't need a license to remotely connect to the system. You only need a license for systems that you plan on running a pool on.