Might DrivePool be corrputing my image files?

northface

Question

Hey guys,

sorry if the title is too provocative. I didn't mean to upset anybody. But there is something that I came across and it needs to be addressed.

When I scan a picture / text with my printer (image file gets stored on DrivePool drive) and then edit it (basically just rotating it) with Windows Photo Viewer or XnView, it occasionally happens that the image file gets corrupted. I have only encountered this phenomenon with

- scanned images from my printer that are saved on DrivePool drive.

I concluded that maybe the two drives which make up the pool somehow interfere with each other and mess up the image file.

Any thoughts on this?

Kind Regards

post-1324-0-94533300-1416857966_thumb.jpg

3 answers to this question

Do you have any antivirus installed on the system?

If so, which?

More often than not, this is the cause of any weird issues with StableBit DrivePool, due to how the antivirus real time scanners work.

However, if you could enable files system logging and .... reproduce the issue (ideally with a non-important image), it would be very helpful:

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Log_Collection

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_2.x_Log_Collection

Hi Christopher,

thank you very much for answering. I am running Windows 8.1 (so Windows Defender should be running) and do not have an additional Anti-Virus installed...

I will most definitely send log files and reproduce the issue... but I am afraid I wont get to it before Friday / Saturday.

Kind Regards