Cant rename or delete directory

gestrella

Question

Currently evaluating the BETA (2.0.0.320) on windows 8 64 bits.  Have 8 drives in a pool and have been copying data, deleting files, etc to ensure product meet my need. 

Ran into an issue where I have a directory on the pool root drive called "Final Cut Projects" if if I try to delete it, or change its name, I get the windows error "The action cant't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program.  Close the folder or file and try again."

I have checked that nothing running.  I have rebooted several times just in case, but no difference. 

Any feebdack on though how to solve ?  Any logs that can check or added troubleshooting here ?

Thanks, Gus

PS - Love your product.  Wish there was a Mac OSX given as that is my primary environment.

1 answer to this question

Gestrella,

It sounds like the file is being locked, and not released properly. I'm not 100% sure. 

But what I do know is that we recently changed the file locking/caching mechanism, so that may be the issue.

So if you could this:

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_2.x_Log_Collection

This gets a low level log of the IO operations and should help figure out why this is happening.

(Enable the setting described, duplicate the error, check for the "C:\ProgramData\StableBit DrivePool\Service\Logs\CoveFS" folder. If that exists, upload the entire "Service" folder in the box.net widget on the linked page).