Folder Duplication

longbush

Question

I've been using Drivepool for a while and it seems to be stable and do a good job. However, I find the minimal and unconventionl interface a source of confusion and frustration. The latest is that I can't seem to enable folder duplication. The tree comes up when I click the option, but the checkmark stubbornly stays on "pool file duplication." Is there a secret to enabling this?

Speaking of the duplicate folders tree, when a folder is chosen, the graphic at the bottom of the window bounces figures up and down in a seemingly random manner, in one second it can go from "8.22 GB" to "2.34 GB" and then off to some other figures. Is this supposed to be telling me something, and if so, what?

1 answer to this question

"Pool File duplication" is for the root of the pool. Enabling it means that anything directly in the pool is duplicated (such as D:\file.txt, where D:\ is the pool).

In the UI, under "Pool Options", in "File Protection", there is the "Pool File Duplication" option and the "Folder Duplication".

Clicking on the "Pool File Duplication" option should bring up a window that asks you if you want to enable it, disable it, or change the level of duplication. That's the only option here.

However, this setting is inheritied by the rest of the pool.

The "Folder Duplication" option allows you to choose the duplication per folder. And while it shows the root of the pool, you can't change the duplication there. You need to use the Pool File Duplication option.

As for the bouncing numbers, that occurs because the file information is generated in real-time, and not stored by StableBit DrivePool.