Drivepool with uneven drive sizes (Unusable for duplication)

4Frame

Question

Alright, so i've been really thinking about switching from my RAID5 array to DrivePool.

I apologize in advance if this question has been asked before but, how does drivepool manage duplication on lets say,

250GB + 160GB drive in a single pool (my test config)

I'm currently testing this with the 30-day Trial and it shows a total size of 385GB, but that can't possibly be the file size WITH duplication, correct?

How will drivepool work once the 160GB drive has been filled? Will it notify me that duplication is no longer possible?

Is there a way to see which files will NOT be duplicated any longer if I just continued to fill up the DrivePool?

3 answers to this question

No, the pool shows the entire, total available space for the pool. Since not every folder has to be duplicated, we don't want to make any assumptions.

And in that configuration, you may notice that it should about 90GBs as "unusable for duplication". And yes, once you've filled the smaller drive, it will let you know. At the very least, in the UI where it will show the "Pool condition".  

As for which file won't be duplicated, I believe it will list it out in the logs.