WHS2011 + Drivepool + Sharing folders

Abula

Question

Hi,

I just bought Drivepool and scanner, really nice software overall, pretty easy to setup, although still working out some stuff, but new software i gotta play with it till i learn.

I need some suggestion, atm im running WHS2011 on an Crucial M4 256gb ssd, which created the shared folders on the partition it does after the 60gb partition of windows.  I just created the Drivepool with 8x 4tb seagates, but the folders that i see on the network are still binded to the SSD and not to the drivepool, can i just enter the Dashboard/Server Folders and hardrives, and right click the folder and chose move? is it safe or is there a better procedure? 

Thanks,

1 answer to this question

You can definitely do that. In fact that's the recommended way if this is a fresh system. (no previous data).

If you have shares on the server already, we have a utility to .... well, do that for you as the dashboard may have issues moving the folders over.

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Utilities

Download the "WSS Troubleshooter" and run the "Restore DrivePool Shares (OS Reinstall)". Ignore the "reinstall" part, as it would work for a "fresh" system as well.