Files left behind after drive removal

mr_yellow

Question

Hi,

I recently removed two drives from my pool and noticed that one of the drives was left clean and empty but the second drive left behind a lot of files and directories.

There are directory and files I can still access are from duplicated forlder as far as I can tell.  

There are some directories from non-duplicated folders that are completely unreadable (no read permissions) and I can't take ownership at all even with domain admin rights.

I can't remember if I told drivepool to do a quick remove (duplicate later) but I'm pretty sure I didn't.   Is the behaviour I'm describing (unreadable directories and left over duplicated files) normal from a drive pool removal or is my memory just bad and maybe I clicked quick removal?  

Just want to check before I reformat these drives...

Thanks,

3 answers to this question

First, if the "SYSTEM" account has access to the files and folders, then DrivePool should have moved the files out.

If you're not 100% certain, the files you can access, copy them back into the pool.

But if you didn't do the damaged removal option, or the duplicate later option, you shouldn't see any files left... but you may see folders.

As for thee  permission issues, try changing the root directory's ownership (and then permissions) and enable the "Replace on child entries" option.

thanks...

It's strange.  After I pulled the drive out to look at it on a seperate system, all the unaccessible folders disappeared and all the remained were some duplicated files and folders.  Perhaps the unaccessible folders I had before were all stale references still in memory...    Perhaps due to my slow atom processor?