Error adding drive, Already Connected (it isn't)

Simon

Question

Morning all, cleaned my home server the other day including taking the drive caddies out and blowing the dust from them. When I rebooted and Drive Pool said a drive was missing. I can see it in File explorer and it is fine according to Scanner, but for some reason after removing from the pool it won't let me add it back as it says it is the same drive as another one.

I may have mixed it up with another drive as I reconnected them, though that doesn't make sense as they are both named and lettered in a logical order to match the bays.  Have tried rebooting with it and the two each side also disconnected, removing the three from the pool and then rebooting and reconnecting, the two removed came back in without re-adding, the other one still will not add. 

Any suggestions on what to try next would be appreciated.  

image.png

3 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Christopher (Drashna) said:

The simple solution is to reset the settings:
https://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q2299585B

Thanks Chris, I did that and when it restarted two drives, U:\(Bay7) and V:\(Bay8) were the only 2 not automatically back in the pool. U:\ added fine, but V:\ won't add still (same error).

V:\ contains two folders: PoolPart.0e0bba01-fb9a-485c-9ea7-e6923e697750 and PoolPart.2a171a06-779d-4d50-ac16-dcab65358701, U:\ contains one folder PoolPart.81e0a870-a269-4ae9-a4e0-9d3be96a8444, I only have one other drive with two folders, W:\(Bay9) and these are named the same as those in V:\ which seems to have been the error. They both had a tiny amount of files in one, loads in the other so have copied the data to the larger folder in each, then moved the Pool folder and the .coverfs folder in there to a new Old folder on the root of the drive. This has let me re-add the drive. I think I had lost one of them on a re-boot and the software has somehow mixed the two and created new folders for the other drive on each one. Looks right now but will see if it runs right later on tonight.