Advice needed

Javiersr1971

Question

Hello

I am going to explain what I intend to do.

I have a google Drive account with 40 tb and a Synology NAS with 60 tb. The NAS just broke down beyond repair

It is my intention to have a clouddrive in my PC of 40 tb seen by my WINDOWS machine as a local Drive. Is it possible to have a Drive that large? How would I then transfer my google Drive data to the clouddrive, could I justo mover the data within google drive and it would be updated in my Windows machines?

Would a program like sonarr see this clouddrive as a local disk?

If that is possible I would use my HD with drivepool as backup of the cloud (what program World you recommend)

TIA

2 answers to this question

20 hours ago, Javiersr1971 said:

Is it possible to have a Drive that large?

For StableBit CloudDrive, as long as the provider has that much space, yes, absolutely!

How would I then transfer my google Drive data to the clouddrive, could I justo mover the data within google drive and it would be updated in my Windows machines?

You'd need to download the data locally, and the copy it to the drive (or download it directly to the drive). 

Would a program like sonarr see this clouddrive as a local disk?

Yes.  It shows up as a normal drive to pretty much ALL utilities.  

If that is possible I would use my HD with drivepool as backup of the cloud (what program World you recommend)

Yup. And I say "clouddrive disk" usually, since it's pretty descriptive and to the point. 

And you could create a pool with the pool and the CloudDrive disk, and enable duplication.  Though, that isn't really a backup, it's just redundancy.  But it works well. 

Or you can use any sync or backup tool that you'd normally use with the pool.