API Access in the future?

vashp2029

Question

Is it possible/likely that we will have API access to DrivePool/CloudDrive in the near future? My setup has only a single SSD, and I've attached multiple CloudDrives to the system. The CloudDrives are put into a DrivePool with duplication enabled. Since all the caches are in a single hardware SSD, tasks that require reading/writing from the hard drive slow to a halt when duplication begins. This generally isn't an issue for me, but I'm also mirroring everything in the DrivePool directly to a Google Drive via Drive File Stream for unencrypted access. I run this sync once a week, but it can take a while so I'd like to be able to tap into DrivePool via a script and tell it to hold off on duplication and balancing until the script completes mirroring. 

I know this sounds complex and a niche use case, so I'm thinking it's probably not high on the list of priorities to incorporate API access, if at all, but I wanted to ask. Thanks!

1 answer to this question