Media sharing not working

jjross

Question

Ok, so I'm using Drive Pool on Windows Server 2012 Essentials and my media shares are on the pool. 

For some reason, none of my media is showing up in the remote access website.  Nor are the showing up when I view the DLNA server.

I found this link:

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Utilities

but the utility doesn't appear to work in 2012.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Is there a way to clear the DB and start everything from scratch?

2 answers to this question

You are using Windows Server 2012 Essentials, correct?

If so, you MUST enable the media features, if you haven't already. After you've done that, you need to make sure that the folders in question are added to the media indexing.

Check these before anything else.

As for clearing the database, searching for "WHS 2011 reset media database" should come up with the right solution (or I can dig up a link if you need me to).

Also... have you checked out Subsonic? It arguable works much better than the built in stuff, can be configured to integrate with the domain accounts, *and* stream over your Anywhere Access site (these can be difficult to set up if you don't know what you're doing).

I am using Essentials and I have the media features enabled.  I moved my server folders to the pool so I believe that also moves the folder indexes. 

I found a link to manually rebuild the DB.  I'll give it a shot.

Thanks

http://forum.wegotserved.com/index.php/tutorials/article/90-manually-rebuild-the-media-streaming-shares-index-database/