Cannot reattach drive

Leonardo

Question

I have created two virtual drives on an external HDD using FTP (the hard drive was connected to a router in my house), then I disconnected the HDD from the router and connected it on the PC USB. Unfortunately CloudDrive does not recognize the virtual drives and doesn't give me the option to attach them. It gives me though the option to create a new virtual drive on the device.

If I connect the HDD back in to the router, CloudDrive attaches the virtual drives correctly without doing anything (like it was never disconnected - as expected :).

How can I make CloudDrive recognize my virtual drives when I connect the HDD on the USB port? Thank you

1 answer to this question

When it's attached via USB, it would use the local disk provider--which I believe is a separate format from the FTP provider. I'm not sure if there is a way to do a quick conversion between the two. If you can share your drive from the router as a network drive instead of an FTP, both of those could use the local disk provider. I haven't seen Christopher on the forums lately, but if you submit a ticket he can let you know if there is an easier way to convert the data without just creating a new local disk drive and copying it over.