Use of CloudDrive in Pool as a duplication destination of single folder

Lance

Question

Hello, 

I'm a years long user of Drivepool and been licensed to run CloudDrive for a long time.    I recently decided to try it for a particular use case, but cannot seem to figure out how to configure to achieve the desire. 

I have 7 large disks local managed by drivepool, lets call this storage.    I also have two cloud providers in as clouddrive providers, lets call these cloud 1 and cloud 2  

In my storage pool, I have a folder called \backup that I allow access for my family via SFTP in conjunction with Duplicati in order to provide backups for our various desktops and laptops.   On this I want duplication between the pool and my clouddrive providers  (Can also be duplicated locally, although not necessary) 

In my storage pool, I have various other folders that I store data in that I want duplication internal to the pool

In my storage pool, I have a media folder that I store media in and do not want duplication on.  

I've looked into many options including the hierarchical pooling, but it seems what I really need is ordered file placement rules that states:

1) \* one copy duplication on any of the pool disks but not cloud drive --> No problem with this one

2) \media\* only one copy on any pool disk and not on cloud drives --> no problem with this one

3) \backup\* MUST exist on one of the two cloud drives AND MUST exist on one of the pool drives.   --> I cant see how to do this.  

Has anybody done something similar or solved this particular puzzle without splitting my pool into multiple units?

Thanks

Lance

1 answer to this question

I think that you want to use hierarchical pooling here.  Add the cloud drives to a pool, then add that pool and your existing pool to a new pool, and "seed" the data. 

https://stablebit.com/Support/DrivePool/2.X/Manual?Section=Adding a Drive to the Pool / Creating a New Pool#Hierarchical Pooling

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q4142489