Failing OS Drive - Cloned and now pool folders inaccessable

codea83

Question

Hello,

First off I want to say thanks to this great community for any help that can be given. I've been using Drive pool since the early beta period and have never had any issues until now.

I have a WHS2011 with 7 hard drives. My single 250 OS drive was starting to fail, so I made a 2 x 500gb mirrored RAID 1 array, and cloned the OS over to it, and removed the original 250gb failing disk. WHS booted up and everything seemed just fine until I tried to access a server folder from another computer and got a "This device is not ready" error. 

When I went on the server to investigate, the backup folder was missing so I allowed WHS to recreate it. The drives are still in the pool, however it looks like all the folders are not included in the pool any longer. It also looks like the pool may have been corrupted, because the free space is shown as unknown.

Does anyone have any ideas what may have happened, as well as what the best way to fix this might be?  Is there something I'm overlooking that I missed as a step?

I've attached screen shots of all the pages of Drive Pool. Let me know if any other information might be needed.

Thank you in advance!

Chris

post-1385-0-61216800-1388188178_thumb.jpg

post-1385-0-37934200-1388188180_thumb.jpg

post-1385-0-14371200-1388188182_thumb.jpg

post-1385-0-17126700-1388188184_thumb.jpg

1 answer to this question

Chris,

You posted this in a ticket as well, so I'll just sum up here.

It looks like the Pool drive got bumped up. Download the WSS Troubleshooter:

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Utilities

Use the "Restore DrivePool Shares" options. That should fix the issue. If it doesn't, then let us know.

Regards