Initial transition to drivepool with duplication

cardsdoc

Question

I currently have 2 5TB USB drives that I'm using for Plex media.  I use synctoy to mirror the drives so I always have a backup drive so total effective space is 5TB.  I'm starting to run low on space.  I have 2 additional 2TB USB drives currently unused.  What I would like to do is start using drivepool to create a pool or pools with all 4 drives with 2x duplication so I have similar a backup plan equivalent (in terms of saftey) to what I have now but in the end should have 7TB effective total storage.  What would be the simplest way to make the transition to drivepool since my data is already all on the 2 5TB drives?  Thanks.

3 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, Christopher (Drashna) said:

This: http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q4142489

Enable duplication.  And that should be it.  It should see the copies, if they're in the same relative location under the "PoolPart" folders, and recognize them as duplicates. 

Thanks - exactly what I was looking for to avoid lots of copying.  So follow the wiki first including resetting settings, and THEN afterwards enable duplication for the whole pool?