Notifications during Remote Control

blackhawk8863

Question

I have two networks, one which is connected to the internet (1), and one which is not (2). I have a machine (A) running drivepool and scanner on (2), and a machine (B) connected to both (1) and (2). Machine (B) is set up to remote monitor (A). Will any notifications generated on (A), which is being remote monitored by (B), be sent from machine (B) to my email?

When sending a test message from Scanner on machine (A), since it is not connected to the internet, creates the error "Test email could not be sent to blank@blank.com. Object reference not set to an instance of an object." When sending a test message from Drivepool on machine (A), Drivepool claims to have successfully sent the test email. In both instances, I do not receive an email.

When I attempt to send a test message from machine (B), I get the same response and error: Drivepool successful, and scanner "object reference" error, and I do not receive an email for either attempt.

Aside from the "object reference" error, should I be able to funnel any notifications through another machine in the way that I am attempting to do it?

Drivepool: 2.1.1.561 x64

Scanner: 2.5.1.3062

Thank you.

1 answer to this question

No.  The notifications are sent from the system that the software resides upon.

However, if you set up an SMTP relay on the system with internet access, you could use the advanced config to send the email via the system with internet access, and then be sent out from there.

This is "a bit of an advanced config", but would work,