Problem with different duplicated files

IcX

Question

I have a drivepool consisting of 8 harddrives and recently there was a problem with the file system at one of these drives. After running chkdsk it wasn't able to repair evereything and some of the files were left with a filesize of 0 bytes. I didn't panic becuase the files were duplicated, so I expected that it shouldn't be a problem because Drivepool will check the difference of the files.

After a check of dulication consistency everything seems to be fine but it doesn't. I see the file in the Driveppool with a filesize of 0 bytes, on 2 of the harddrives there's one version of the file with 0 bytes (the damaged one obviously) and one with appr. 8 GB.

Both files have have the same timestamp. It seems that drivepool checks the timestamp only but not the filesize. I tested it by creating a small file in drivepool and edited one of the two file-versions at one of the disks. Drivepool checked, that duplication is inconsistent... but only for that one file I edited.

How can I get sure that all my duplicated files are ok and really duplicated? I also did a "Reset all settings" in the troubleshooting-section but it didn't change anything. I've installed Drivepool version 2.2.0.881 BETA.

DP.jpg

DP_Poolpart_Damaged.jpg

DP_Poolpart_OK.jpg

2 answers to this question