Inconsistent # of Files in Duplicated Pool

Sunstealer73

Question

I just installed DrivePool and used it to duplicate a pool from my older 2TB disk to a new 4TB one.  I'm planning to replace the old 2TB with another 4TB shortly.  After it finished, there is a slight consistency problem between the two drives.  One particular folder has 30,715 files on one of the drives, but only 30,641 on the other.  What makes it even weirder is that the new drive is the one with more files.  I drilled down through the folders trying to see what was going on.  The one in question is a backup of my wife's laptop from several years ago.  It's deep inside the AppData\Local folders.  From what I can tell, it may be some symlinked folders  Would those cause DrivePool to duplicate the files instead of the links?

Also, I was going to use the dpcmd check-pool-fileparts command, but it doesn't seem to work.  I thought maybe the public release didn't have it yet, but the newest beta doesn't seem to either.  It isn't even on the list of valid commands when you run it.  Was it removed at some point?

1 answer to this question

Depends on how the files were added to the pool.  

But chances are that it followed the symlink, and copied the folder instead.

As for the dpcmd, the "check-pool-fileparts" command was not added until 2.2.0.669, which means that it isn't in the public beta built.  You need one of the internal betas. 

http://dl.covecube.com/DrivePoolWindows/beta/download/StableBit.DrivePool_2.2.0.770_x64_BETA.exe