Symbolic Links from CloudDrive to Drivepool Breaking

MCROMMERT2

Question

Wondering if anyone had any ideas.  I had implemented a symbolic link of a folder on my clouddrive to my drivepool.  I use this so plex can easily just search one drive and i can do the initial metadata and analyzing on a local drive before it moves to the cloud drive.  It worked fine till i had some issues with clouddrive slamming reads on my drives and i updated to the newest drivepool beta and also reset ntfs attributes.  I have reowned the pool and set correct attributions but plex can play video fine from the symbolic links but scanning it doesn't see them at all

Just wondering if anyone would have any ideas.

Double post please delete

3 answers to this question

Deleted duplicate post.

First, use Junctions, not symbolic links.  There ... are some issues with symbolic links, namely that they may not work "as expected". This is "by design", but not our design. 

Pretty much anywhere you'd using a symlink, you probably should be using a junction, actually.

If you want more details (a good read), this post goes over the differences:

https://superuser.com/questions/343074/directory-junction-vs-directory-symbolic-link

However, if you're still experiencing issues with junctions, then please do let me know. 

Yeah i should have also written i tested with Junction links too...same issues

Good resource on why you should use one over the other.  

But yes it was working before and something in the new version or something i changed or the update broke it