7/6 FYI Google Drive having issues

Edrock200

Question

6 answers to this question

Gonna cross my fingers that this helps to solve my issue with Google and reindexing. Haven't been able to mount my drive in like four days because I can't reindex the drive in less than 8 or 9 hours and I get at least ONE error during that time. 

EDIT: No dice. Still unable to mount the drive in the time that I have between errors.

Does CloudDrive retry to reconnect automatically?

Yes, to a point--and depending on the context as well. If your drive is mounted, it will try again up to the limit set in the advanced settings file. Once it meets that limit of consecutive failures, it will disconnect the drive to prevent data loss or system instability. 

it appears to be normalized now. Fingers crossed for you! You might want to try editing the Program Files/Stablebit/Clouddrive/Clouddrive.service.default.config file to up the timeout and retry threshold/tolerance counts, then restart the service.

As far as I can tell, they do not affect the indexing process. It just doesn't pay attention to those values until the drive is actually mounted. Also, as far as I can tell, it doesn't even try a second time before restarting the indexing process.

Frankly, I think it's just something that Alex is going to have to revisit if larger drives are going to be usable. We just can't expect that a drive can go through an 8 or 9 hour index without a single connectivity error. I've had three days of downtime from a single service crash. The google errors are obviously not CloudDrive's fault, but the way it handles them seems poor to me, as it stands. 

In any case, I'm down to about 1.5 million chunks to go as we speak, which is the lowest it's been able to get in three days. So I'll keep my fingers crossed.

EDIT: Finally got it remounted.