Excessive Prefetching

aaronson2012

Question

Hi,

I'm trying to set up my Clouddrive to suit my needs but am having some issues. I'm having an issue where the drive will prefetch way too much data. For example, I start to play a 150MB video file, clouddrive will prefetch the length of the file and keep going... and going and going. This is an issue for me as I am on a metered connection so I need to conserve my data. If I do not use prefetching at all the video will lag.

Is there any way I can set up clouddrive to not prefetch so much but still be able to play the video file without stuttering?

Thanks.

1 answer to this question

You can reconfigure the prefetching options. 

Drive Options -> Performance -> I/O Performance

That said, it "keeps going" based on sequential reads.  If it keeps on going and going and going, then it sounds like something is continually reading, and triggering this. 

You may want to increase the "Trigger" as this is how much data has to be read sequentially.   And if you do, you may want to increase the "forward" (how much forward it reads), at least by a bit.