Jump to content
  • 0

Double Upload Size


smartz34
 Share

Question

Not sure if this is a new thing happening on 802 Beta or something i  never noticed before.

I'm uploading 60 GB of files thinking it will take 4 hours based on calculations. Four hours pass by and i notice i am only done with less than half of that. Luckily i had a network monitor running and it shows that i uploaded over 60 GB of data but SCD is only showing about 25 GB done uploading. Started looking at both SCD and network and it seems to be the case. Every 1 GB of upload from SCD requires 2-2.5GB of upload in network monitor.

 

Opened up technical details (for the first time randomly) and noticing that some threads are uploading more than 100%

How do i fix this? Is there a stetting that should be enabled/disabled?

 

My cache was set to 10 GB expandable and the drive has 200 GB free space.

post-3195-0-34359300-1485287882_thumb.png

post-3195-0-49564400-1485287891_thumb.png

post-3195-0-05904400-1485287892_thumb.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

This happens to me regularly. Not sure why, but one of my uploads hit 900% today before it errored. I'd say more than 50% of the uploaded chunks go over 100% while it tries to upload them.

 

My ACD drive has been a huge pain the last couple days, but after manually destroying it (Stablebit sat there for hours saying it was destroying it but wasn't making any progress) and recreating it, it seems to be doing ok so far (still uploading way more data than it says it needs to, but isn't erroring up the way the old drive was).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I don't want to destroy it, took me the longest time to upload stuff as it is...

Was going to try to detach it and re-attach but  now apparently 25 GB i uploaded yesterday needs to be uploaded again, and it's going the double upload amount again..

This is becoming a pain

post-3195-0-64422900-1485389635_thumb.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Right. My comment about destroying the drive wasn't meant to be a solution for this problem. My new, recreated, drive still uploads way more than it needs to, I just don't have the same error/bug I was receiving before (my old drive was uploading at full speed, but the "to upload" cache kept growing in size, it was trying to upload 24 chunks in parallel, despite my x2 limit, and eventually it stopped uploading altogether).

 

Anyways, it spent about 6 hours today uploading 4gb of data to ACD (my computer showed my connection as being maxed out at 6-7Mbps), and that should have finished in 1.5-2 hours at most. I wasn't measuring how much data was sent, but I'm sure it's well over 8gb.

 

On the other hand, my Google drive has been uploading in a timely manner. I've only been using it for a day or two (I created my google drive and the new ACD drive at the same time), but so far it seems much more responsive than my old or new ACD drive.

 

Edit: After watching both my Google Drive and Amazon Drive side by side, I can say that this issue only seems to affect Amazon. My Amazon Drive regularly allows chunks to be uploaded to 300-500%, while my Google Drive finishes the upload at 100%. I gave Google and Amazon both an equal amount of bandwidth (3Mbps) to upload a 2gb file (with upload verification on) and Google finished in a little over 1.5 hours, and Amazon still hasn't finished and has over a gb left to upload.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

That's exactly why I got a Gdrive account, because I was unsure of whether ACD would ever play nice with developers who use encryption in their apps. Plus, if Amazon ever gets rid of their unlimited accounts, I didn't want to get stuck in a situation where I only stored all my data with them (and same goes for Google, which is why I now use both).

 

And yes, Google Drive is working just fine, so I think this problem is limited to just Amazon. Overnight, I queued up 11.5gb worth of data to be uploaded onto Amazon and 10gb onto Google and I limited their upload speeds to 3Mbps each (in a perfect world, at 3Mbps it should take them about 9 hours to upload 11.5gb). This morning (~8-8.5 hours later) Google is going along perfectly with 1.5gb left to upload, while my Amazon account still has 8.3gb left to upload.

 

Whether this is a fault of Amazon being an experimental provider or an issue with .802, I can't say. I didn't use SCD much until .802 was released, so I don't know if this was a problem in earlier versions of the application.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...