setup like intels srt

c0ryp1

Question

hi i stumbled across drivepool because i have a small 32gb hdd that i had windows installed on but filled up almost instantly and was a huge pain to constantly manage so i was looking into caching my hdd with the ssd and intel has software to do this but unfortunately my motherboard is not supported i got halfway thru the setup process befor it barked at me. so i was doing some googling and came across drivepool and read that it is capable of doing this aswell but i am at a loss on how to do it. i wanted my entire drive cached read/write but when i do the drag folders into the hidden drive pool folder it will not let me add program files or windowsfolders so this will not give me a performance increase with boot times/program loads. cannot find any guides on how to setup so any help is appreciated

3 answers to this question

Unfortunately, we can't move the Windows folder off of the C:\ drive.  The drive loads too late in the boot process to support this, so the Windows directory must remain on the C:\ drive, and in it's location. 

Additionally, it sounds like the system drive is non-removeable, so you cannot swap it out? 

If this is the case, there isn't a lot that StableBit DrivePool can help out here. 

You can, however, install programs to the Pool drive. And you could use an additional SSD and/or HDDs to add additional storage to the system.  But you'd really need 3 disks for this (one for the system, and two for the pool.