temperature charting of drives

asdaHP

Question

Hi drashna (and other forum members).

Is there a way to view temperature charts on individual drives in scanner? I am trying to see if at certain times the temperature climbs (relative to server backups, client backups etc). Also trying to see what benefits i achieved by adding a second fan today.

There was a temeperature chart function in HD sentinel (paid one i think) and was checking if there is a way here too.

thanks

3 answers to this question

Hi drashna (and other forum members).

Is there a way to view temperature charts on individual drives in scanner? I am trying to see if at certain times the temperature climbs (relative to server backups, client backups etc). Also trying to see what benefits i achieved by adding a second fan today.

There was a temeperature chart function in HD sentinel (paid one i think) and was checking if there is a way here too.

thanks

Not currently. 

Some drives do include historical data built in.  If the drive does, then we will display it.

Not currently. 

Some drives do include historical data built in.  If the drive does, then we will display it.

EDIT..

Ok, thanks,

I presume then that HGST coolspin (4tb) and ultrastar dont? Or where should i look under in case they do. I see a lifetime maximum and current temperature listed so i am presuming it is logging some historical information.

i just looked at hd sentinel and noticed that the free one also offers temp charting like below. May be something you could look into for future upgrades of scanner along with the temp reporting in the task bar (or whatever that bottom right of desktop screen is called)

thankspost-2611-0-52414600-1477957555_thumb.jpg

Yeah, different models feature very different ... well, feature sets.  heck, I've seen different firmware revisions of the same model handling this different. :( 

But adding historical data to the app is something that we have absolutely considered and plan on implementing in the future.