Change settings.json to allow more concurrent disks?

Shooter3k

Question

Hello, brand new to this software. I've noticed this question gets asked indirectly a lot but I haven't been able to find a definitive answer yet. 

When the "duplicating" step is running, what option in the settings.json file allows for more than 2 disks to be used at the same time? I've tried changing the settings to all sorts of high numbers but still only 2-4 disks are being used concurrently (when there is 10 disks total in the pool). Once that's changed, is a reboot required? A restart of the duplication step? A restart of the software? At what point does the updated settings take effect?

Thanks for any information you're able to provide and sorry about the noob question.

5 answers to this question

As far as I can tell real-time tasks (e.g. real-time duplication) are as concurrent as they need to be (e.g. 2x duping = simultaneous writes to two disks, 10x duping = to ten disks, etc) while scheduled tasks (e.g. balancing, duplication checking, etc, including manually initiated tasks) are one disk at a time (at least for writes).

47 minutes ago, Shane said:

Non-real-time duplication is scheduled, so one disk at a time. When that runs is controlled by FileDuplication_DuplicateTime in the Settings.json file.

is there any way to make it more than 1 disk at a time?