Cloud Drive not uploading?

bnbg

Question

9 answers to this question

Yes, I still recommend upgrading to this version. 

And no, you won't lose your data. We explicitly maintain backwards compatibility every time we implement something new or change how it works.  

The only time that isn't true is with Amazon Cloud Drive, because it's become a serious nightmare and we need to sit down, hammer out a new provider for it, and ... spam Amazon until they actually respond to our inquiries in a meaningful manner.

Windows 10 (14393.51)

1.0.0.463 Beta

Google Drive

No errors in UI. (I usually get some when it is actually uploading but I haven't had any issues before)

I've uploaded my Service folder to Dropbox.

Thanks for your help,

Dave

Specifically, I'm seeing this: 

The download quota for this file has been exceeded. 

Basically means that you should create a new drive on the newer versions. 

The issue here is that there is an undocumented limit on the number of times that you can access a file, in a period of time.  Exceeding it locks you out of accessing the file, and is likely why the upload is stuck .

Unfortunately, The best advice I can give you here is to update the version and recreate the drive. This will most likely fix the issue you're having. 

http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/StableBit.CloudDrive_1.0.0.696_x64_BETA.exe

It seems to be working OK now. I had a power outage and the UI said it was repairing the drive for a while but it's uploading fine now.

Would you recommend upgrading to the version you mentioned above anyway? Will I lose my data if I do?

Sorry to drag this back up, but I'm having the same problem. My cache is stuck with 65.8GB to upload and making no attempts to do so. I can use files already uploaded to my drive, so downloading doesn't seem to be affected.

I'm on version 1.0.0.725 and in the log file I see this;

[PinDiskMetadata] Error pinning NTFS data. Mft fixup error detected.

What should I do?

Are you seeing any other errors? 

If you're still getting quota errors, .... 

However, I'd recommend running "chkdsk x: /f" on the drive, where "x:" is the CloudDrive disk.  This should fix the "MFT" data, and may fix the issue you're seeing. 

If it doesn't, let me know. 

I ran chkdsk on the drive, it returned this afterwards;

CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the
master file table (MFT) bitmap.
Correcting errors in the Volume Bitmap.

Windows has made corrections to the file system.
No further action is required.

I restarted and it's been uploading fine since then with no errors. Thank you very much, you're brilliant!