Disk is missing error

eonfathom

Question

My pool is listing one of the drives (G:\) with an error: "disk is missing".  The OS said that there was an error on drive G:\ when restarting, and it repaired it.  It has one of a kind data on it.  I see it in disk management, and properties says that it has 1.4TB of data on it, but I can't see any data through explorer even when looking for hidden files.  

Additionally, when I interact with my drivepool ( O:\ ) I'm getting an error: "Recycle Bin on O:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?"  to which I say "no".  

Also, there are files that I can see in the pool, but when I try to open or copy them it says they are missing.

I'm using windows 10, 64bit.

drivepool version 2.2.0.651 BETA

Help?

1 answer to this question

To make sure, even with "Show Hidden Files" enabled, you don't see anything on the G:\ drive? 

Specifically, there should be a hidden "PoolPart.xxxxxx" folder on the drive. That is where all of the pooled data is stored, as well as some disk info. 

If you're not seeing that, then something is definitely wrong here. 

In this case, I'd really recommend setting up a remote support session so I can see what is going on.