My new pool is greyed out

genoaz

Question

I am new here and I hope I am not rehashing old questions, but I didn’t get anything from a search.

I created one pool comprised of four drives.  That worked well and I can see the pool volume and access all contents just fine.

I am now trying to create a second pool.  I can add drives to the new pool without a problem, but the pool is greyed out and I cannot see the pool contents in the pool drive.  I can access the individual drives, read/write, etc.  I am not getting any messages about missing or bad drives (four new drives and new drive enclosure).

4 answers to this question

You can now close this as solved.  I guess I didn’t understand the part about moving the data from the drive used in the pool into the pool itself.  I assumed it would show up as part of the pool if it was on that drive.  The greyed out part was the data on the drive not moved to the pool yet.

What OS are you using?

What version of StableBit DrivePool are you using? 

Are you using any antivirus, backup or disk tools on the system as well? 

Could you post the results of this: http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q2159701

And what do you mean "greyed out"? 

As in not showing the size? 
And could you enable logging, and try accessing the drive? 

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_2.x_Log_Collection

Also, have you tried rebooting the system?

Sorry it took so long to respond.  I got a free day today, so here I am.

I attached  caps of what I see.  I also uploaded the log file tp Dropbox.  Y-Drivepool was my first Pool, and you can see it’s not greyed out.  X-Drivepool is the second attempt and the one greyed out and not accessible.

OS is Windows 7x64 kept up to date.  I have rebooted several times since the pool was attempted.

Stablebit ver. 2.1.1.561.

Antivirus is AVG Internet Security kept up to date.

I’m using Microsoft Synctoy as backup.

I have Easeus Partition Master Pro 6.1.1 and Paragon Partition Manager Home 15.  But, I haven’t used either in a while.  I prefer Windows disk tools, Disk Manager, diskpart.

As you can see, I am using mount points on my drives instead of letters (running low on letters).  I changed to traditional letters but it still doesn’t work.

post-2483-0-15063700-1464648913_thumb.jpg

post-2483-0-24356500-1464648925_thumb.jpg

You can now close this as solved.  I guess I didn’t understand the part about moving the data from the drive used in the pool into the pool itself.  I assumed it would show up as part of the pool if it was on that drive.  The greyed out part was the data on the drive not moved to the pool yet.

That would be why.  And yeah, you'd need to move the contents into the pool because it shows up as anything other than "Other" when measured.