files not appearing in the pool but do in poolpart folder

mikeferr

Question

I seem to be having an issue with files not appearing in the pool. In this case i noticed when trying to update my subsonic_exclude.txt file in D:\Music and it wasn't there. I thought hmmm that's odd, I don't remember deleting it. I don't know maybe I did, so i created a new text file with the same name and explorer is asking to overwrite the file so I clicked cancel. So it seems the file is still there, but I cant see it. I mounted the drive to an ntfs folder and looked in the music folder (inside the poolpart folder) and sure enough, the file is there, I had never deleted it after all. I tried resetting the drivepool settings but the file still wont appear. Any thoughts? I'm using StableBit.DrivePool_2.2.0.670_x64_BETA on Win10 with a 13 drive pool.

3 answers to this question

Could you try installing this version: 

http://dl.covecube.com/DrivePoolWindows/beta/download/StableBit.DrivePool_2.2.0.673_x64_BETA.exe

And if that doesn't help, try enabling file system logging, browse the folder, and try replacing the file. 

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_2.x_Log_Collection

Also, do you have any antivirus, backup or disk tools installed on the system? 

Could you post the results of this: http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q2159701

Hi,

Before your reply, I ended up running a directory list on the pool (D:\DrivePool) & all the mapped PoolPart folders (C:\DrivePool). Then I used WinMerge to compare them so I could see what files were in a PoolPart folder but not showing in the pool. It was maybe less then 10 sub-folders so I just moved them to another PoolPart folder & then they showed up in the pool. These were all files/folders that had 2x duplication enabled. I then ran a "dpcmd check-pool-fileparts" to make sure all the files/folders that should be duplicated were. I'm going to do another compare on Friday to make sure all files are visible/accessible on the pool.

Last night I also noticed some other weirdness. I moved some music folders (D:\DrivePool\Music\EDM\[Album Folder]) (2x duplication enabled) into sub-folders (D:\DrivePool\Music\EDM\[Label]\[Album Folder]) which worked fine but then I noticed drivepool was "checking". It started re-creating the folders that I just moved back in the original location but only with an album.nfo file in each. If I deleted the folders it just kept recreating them. I had to go into each folder and delete the lone .nfo first, then wait for the drivepool bar to turn green, then delete the folders.

Wow, it took me a long time to do all this. I still have 15 days left in my Trail period but I don't know if I want to pay for this thing, I don't trust it (Got burned by WHS V1 years ago, been using ntfs folder junctions since). I do understand that I'm running beta software though. I'll try installing the latest beta as suggested & see how that goes  :mellow:

To clarify, you moved them to another disk, and it appeared to work just fine? 

if so, I'd say check the Event Viewer to see if there are any disk errors related to the specific drive/controller. 

Last night I also noticed some other weirdness. I moved some music folders (D:\DrivePool\Music\EDM\[Album Folder]) (2x duplication enabled) into sub-folders (D:\DrivePool\Music\EDM\[Label]\[Album Folder]) which worked fine but then I noticed drivepool was "checking". It started re-creating the folders that I just moved back in the original location but only with an album.nfo file in each. If I deleted the folders it just kept recreating them. I had to go into each folder and delete the lone .nfo first, then wait for the drivepool bar to turn green, then delete the folders.

Do you happen to have a file placement rule created?  

If so, it may be that moving files around is triggering it to check the status. 

Either way, could you enable logging and reproduce?

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_2.x_Log_Collection

Wow, it took me a long time to do all this. I still have 15 days left in my Trail period but I don't know if I want to pay for this thing, I don't trust it (Got burned by WHS V1 years ago, been using ntfs folder junctions since). I do understand that I'm running beta software though. I'll try installing the latest beta as suggested & see how that goes  :mellow:

If you're not sure, head to http://stablebit.com/Contactand open a ticket. 

And if you have any other issues or questions, don't hesitate to ask.