is there any way to access drivepool contents from backup software Winpe boot?

dominator99

Question

I use Aomei backupper pro to create a system image of Windows 10 Pro into the same pc's drivepool.

I ran a test restore on this Windows 10 pc from Aomei but on boot into the winpe enviroment the drivepool isn't listed, only the HDD's that make up the pool.

Is there a way to access the contents of my drivepool to allow a system restore?

My work around at the moment is to place a copy of the system backup image from the drivepool onto one of the HDD's that belong to the pool but outside the PoolPart.xxxxxxxxxxx folder, thus making this folder visible to the backup software

2 answers to this question

Mostly, it's just accessing the disks via the poolparts. 

Otherwise, it is theoretically possible.  You could use dism tools to install the drivers for the pool into the winPE image, but you'd also need to mount the image, and manually add the drivepool service.   This is complicated, and I'm not entirely sure that this will work.   

Mostly, it's just accessing the disks via the poolparts. 

The problem is Aomei Backupper Pro doesn't see the PoolParts.xxxxxxx (as it's hidden).

I think I'll stick with my method as metioned above; far less hassle

Thanks anyway