Help! Drivepool not seeing Windows Drives

pbmpharmacist

Question

edit

reinstalled windows again and I can select the drives now.  However, I turned on data duplication and nothing is happening.  Thoughts?

original

Hi so I had drivepool running perfectly under windows 10.  I recently reinstalled the OS due to black screens.  Upon reinstall of the OS I was getting drivepool "duplication inconsistent" errors that I couldn't seem to fix.  So I went ahead and removed Drivepool and deleted the hidden poolpart folders (taking ownership and retrieving my data out first).  So I have all of my data but when I reinstalled Drivepool it doesn't "see" the hard drives that I want to add.

Is there more pool data to delete somewhere?  What do I do so I can add these perfectly working drives back to a pool?

1 answer to this question

Did you delete the actual PoolPart folders? If so? ....

Did you move out the contents or delete the entire contents?  This is very important, because if you deleted the contents, as well, you have deleted the pooled contents of the disk, and need to run data recovery immediately (before doing anything else). 

If you moved the data out, then you should be okay. At least in regards to the data. 

As for the disks not showing up, could you check Disk Management (run "diskmgmt.msc" on the system) and make sure that the disks are showing up properly, and are not "Dynamic" disks? 

If the disks show up and are "basic" disks rather than dynamic disks, check to see if you have any hidden folders on the disks. 

Otherwise, it may be best to continue this in a remote support session so I can see what exactly is going on here. If that is okay with you, use the following link to schedule a time:

http://www.meetme.so/drashna_covecube