Support for BypassIo and Windows Direct Storage

iargue

Question

A thread regarding direct storage opened last June. A ticket was opened here:  https://stablebit.com/Admin/IssueAnalysis/28716

What does the timeline look like on these/how can I voice support for getting this implemented? This will be a needed addition, as I have 4 NVME drives that host my games, and getting the maximum speed from them is important.

I see that the Analysis was completed, but there aren't any more details. If this a feature that will be implemented? Do we have a timeline on when that will get added in? It's not critical now, but within a year it's likely going to be.

1 answer to this question

There isn't really any plans on fully supporting the functionality, at this time. 

The DirectStorage API should work, in general.  However, the BypassIO won't work on the pool, because there is no *actual* IO going to the pool, and passing that along to the underlying disks is not simple.  However, StableBit DrivePool won't disable BypassIO from working on other disks.