What is "New un-duplicated file placement limit"?

Nerva

Question

In my pool I had a 4TB drive that Scanner said has 2MB of damage, so I told DrivePool to remove the drive from the pool, but there was probably a hundred or so GB of files I was unable to read to get off the drive, so I told DrivePool to forcibly remove the drive from the pool, since those files could be recovered in other ways (with some effort).   About six months later I discovered that drive had a bad SATA cable, and I quickly moved the remaining files off the drive (manually), so I didn't lose anything whatsoever, except the 2MB of damaged files, which were duplicated, so it wasn't an issue there either.   Since I figured the SATA cable was probably the only problem all along, I removed all partitions from the drive and created a new partition with a full (not "quick") format, to ensure everything was good -- then I ran Burst Test for nearly a day, which it passed -- the the drive seemed good to go for being re-added to the pool.

That's where things are confusing me.   I added the drive to the pool, and I see there's a red arrow for "New un-duplicated file placement limit", which is zero, and I can't quite figure out why.   Scanner still complains that the drive is damaged, so I disabled the option to remove files from damaged drives... but the red arrow is still at zero.   I am wondering if DrivePool could be confused, since I had told it to remove the drive from the pool six months ago, but that was before I repartitioned, reformatted, and readded it to the pool.

1 answer to this question

StableBit DrivePool reads the information from StableBit Scanner. If the drive is still damaged, the StableBit Scanner balancer will create the real time placement limiter, which is what you're seeing. 

You've posted in another thread about the damage, and clearing that should resolve this issue, as well.