Pre-purchase question: Persistant message "File distribution not optimal"

Sebastian

Question

Hello,

I'm new to DrivePool and pooling software in general and want to clarify some questions before purchase. I currently have 4 drives connected to my computer:

- 2TB WD Green HDD (internal)

- 4TB WD My Book HDD (external, USB 3.0)

- 250 GB Samsung 840 SSD (internal)

- 250 GB Samsung 850 SSD (internal)

At the beginning, only the HDDs were added to the pool and contain mostly duplicated files. The pool organisation always showed status green.

Then I stumbled upon the SSD Optimizer balancer and added both SSDs as well. Since then, the pool organisation shows "File distribution not optimal" no matter how often I start rebalancing. I configured the following (screenshots are in german language):

post-2349-0-84151700-1455223605_thumb.png

Both SSDs are defined as "SSD" in the balancer. The HDDs are set to ordered placement.

post-2349-0-35359200-1455223966_thumb.png

What do I have to do in order to get rid of this warning message?

Thanks in advance for your support,

Sebastian

1 answer to this question

Well, from the looks of it, you have a lot of unpooled data on some of the drives (like the "D:\" drive).

If this is not the case, then you may need to remeasure the pool (Pool Options -> Remeasure). 

As for the pool condition, There is an up arrow "^" next to it, if you click on that, i will have an option to re-duplication or re-balance the pool. Try running that, and it may help fix the issue.