Folder placement information

Madlec

Question

Hi

I am in the process of troubleshooting a missing drive, and the pool is showing I have unduplicated files on it. When I look at the file placement in the Balancing options, I can see the missing disk as a "?" on the right with the rest of the disks, but when checking the folder locations, apparently there is nothing allocated to that disk. I there a way of telling what folders the pool has placed on that disk so I have an idea what is potentially lost?

1 answer to this question

First, I'm very sorry to hear about the failed/missing disk, as that is never a pleasant experience.

Unfortunately, StableBit DrivePool doesn't keep a list of what was on the drives in the pool. We rely on the file system for this. 

If you have other programs installed that index the contents of the pool, you can use them to identify what was on the disk. 

Aside from that, not really. (though, in a lot of instances, there will be empty folders on the disk in question)