Very low speed copy

Sergio

Question

Hi everybody...since a couple of weeks I have an issue with my pool drive.

I copy a tv show onto the pool and it starts copying perfect, at 80Mb/sg but when 0 Kb left to copy the speed remains but don't finish copy until a minute...it's very strange because it never happens before.... It's possible to defrag the pool drives??? 

1 answer to this question

That's ... definitely odd.

Are you using any "SMR" drives (Seagate Archive Drives)? If so, this is normal for these drives, depending on how much you're copying. 

If not, do you have any antivirus or disk tools installed?
And could you post the results of this:

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q2159701

The reason I ask, is that file system filters can adversely affect performance and cause issues. That *may* be the case here.

And yes, you absolutely can defrag the pooled disks.  You can't defrag the pool directly, as it's not a physical disk, but there are no issues with defragging the pooled disks. 

Windows should have the built in "defrag" command, but you can also use a 3rd party utility.  
But if that utility has a pre-emptive defragger (such as PerfectDisk's OptiWrite feature), then you need to disable the "bypass file system filters" option.