Drivepool not duplicating selected folders

Matt

Question

Drivepool does not seem to be duplicating the folders that I have selected for duplication.  I am running Drivepool 1.3.6.7585 on a homemade WHS 2011 server with 8 disks totaling 28 TB of storage.  I have 8.3 TB of data on the server of which about 3 TB are in folders that say "yes" under the duplication column.  Drivepool reports the total drive space used for duplication as 22.6 GB and that does not change no matter what I do with the duplication settings.

One other point:  I originally transferred the data to the server with duplication set to "no."  I subsequently went back and set duplication to "yes" for specific folders.

2 answers to this question

Matt,

Depending on how much data was being duplicated... it can take a while.

Specifically, once you've changed the duplication status, the background service runs a duplication pass, and creates a list of files that need to be duplicated.  Then it starts to copy the files from the one drive to other, suitable drives in the system. And it does so using a background IO priority, to prevent it from interfering with normal system performance.

A normal file copy can take roughly 4 hours per TB of data, and it would be even longer for duplication here.  So that may be exactly why.

Though, there should be some indication of the software's activity in the dashboard, when this is happening (at the bottom of the storage tab, and the StableBit DrivePool tab).